If You Have Arthritis, You May Qualify For Benefits
According to the Arthritis Foundation, arthritis is the nation’s number one cause of disability. They state that one in five people over the age of 18 have arthritis and one in 250 children have arthritis.
The condition affects everyone differently, and for many, it can be disabling. If you have arthritis and are unable to work, you need an attorney to help you obtain the Social Security Disability benefits for which you are entitled. Davis, Davis & Patterson in Rome, Georgia, offers experienced guidance to arthritis sufferers. To learn how we can help you, call us at 706-622-4137 to arrange a free consultation.
Five Steps To Qualify For SSD With Arthritis
Our lawyers can help show that you qualify for SSDI. The Social Security Administration (SSA) requires that claimants prove that:
- They are earning less than $1,040 a month and/or unemployed.
- Their arthritis severely restricts their ability to do most jobs that require walking, sitting, standing, lifting and otherwise carrying out instructions.
- Their arthritis meets or equals a medical listing, exemplified with persistent swelling, pain and limitation of joints in the hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, wrists or hands.
- They are unable to perform the work they once did.
- Their age, education, work experience and physical condition prevents the individual from working.
Turn To Us For Guidance If You Have Arthritis
Arthritis can be a painful and debilitating condition. If you are unable to work because of arthritis, our firm can help you obtain the SSD benefits that you deserve. To schedule a free consultation with our lawyers, please call us at 706-622-4137 or contact us online.